Thursday 14 February 2013

Valentines day .... Thing style

'My mum has pink varnish,
And curly black hair.
She's very nice-ish,
And runs everywhere'
I love you

Valentines poem by Thing 1, aged 5


Oh I love Valentines .... Me and Things' dad don't really celebrate it.... We live by the old fashioned theory of 'why show your love on the day of the year commercial entities try to control you in to it' .... We live by a rule of 'a surprise should be a surprise. If I'm going to be romantic, send flowers, buy chocolates,- mix cd, a teddy bear.... It'll be when you least expect it'. I can tell you now, my surprise is going to be a whopper! 7 years awaiting and counting!!!!

This valentines, Thing 1 drew me a picture. A picture of two submarines. Nothing says 'I love you like a submarine!' . ... I did get glittery handmade cards from things 1 & 2 also... Including the poem as above .... See, I'm 'nice-ish'.

I can only be glad that I got a card for me from Thing 1 that was actually addressed to me .... Last year it was addressed to himself, but definitely for me even though it was his name .... The workings of a four year old brain.

Valentines got even better as things 1 & 2 helped unpack the shopping whereby every item they passed to me came alongside a cheery; 'happy valentines, mummy' ... So really I did exceptionally well this valentines .... I received;

2 loaves of bread
2 bottles of baby milk
A pork fillet
A packet of pepperami
A packet of ham
And a four pack of loo roll ....

Lucky lady.
Shan't complain. Obviously, my Things think I'm worth a four pack of bog roll ... That's pretty tops in my bathroom.....







No comments:

Post a Comment