Tuesday 12 February 2013

Pancakes? And trying to seussify Things' cousin

Things cousin came to play. He is only three month and they've probably seen him three times. Thing 1 was most excited and gutted he had to go to school. Thing 2 was more interested in her glittery shoes. Thing 3 was jealous.

Thing aunty arrived at Thing central (aka. Home) and we mono prammed it at speed to Thing school.
Said our goodbyes to Thing 1 (Thing aunty actually threw him to the floor in her over eager cuddling) and sent him on his way.

Back to mono-pramming and I was feeling rather at a disadvantage as I had a Thing 2 darting sporadically infront of the pram wheels. But even so, we got there.

I couldn't await a cuddle with thing cousin (thing nephew to me) but alas, he needed changing first. Finally got my hands on him and Thing 3, who'd been happily playing, bashing a toy phone on a toy car at the other side of the room, charged over at wobbly speed and flung herself on my lap with sticky out bottom lip and everything. Passed thing nephew back. He puked. Thing 3 had actually saved the day! Gold star for thing 3.

Thing 2 had the usual playgroup tantrum, Thing 3 spent the session being mummy possessive. It was an ordinary Tuesday ....

Finally got back to thing central, bid farewell to Thing cousin/nephew and was able to relax for ten minutes before the school run. After which I'd have time to prep myself for the onslaught of pancake making.....

After school I had three giddy things. They bounced and pranced in anticipation of pancakes. Thing 3 bounced and pranced in unison although I don't think she had a clue why.

I had been clever. I can't cook ... I bought bottles of pancake mix; 'just add water' . I just added water as per instructions ... I added to the pan.

Attempt 1: scrambled egg pancake
Attempt 2: pancake, albeit in 14 pieces
Attempt 3: burnt
Attempt 4: holes EVERYWHERE
Attempt 5: almost, a little wonky, but edible (getting somewhere)
Attempt 6: not enough mix for a pancake

Poor things. They added sugar and honey to attempt 5 and shared it between them. Next year, Things' dad is making the pancakes..... From scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment