Friday 1 February 2013

How I've set myself up for mayhem and how Thing 3 is so not ready for potty training

Last night I booked a holiday. We are going to Cornwall. things' dad's childhood holiday destination. I will admit that having dealt with almost 7 years of him going on about Cornwall it probably was about time I submitted and booked it....

The catch?

There were no caravans available. In a moment of mummy madness, a 'safari tent' looked ace. Seriously, I just want to see how it's possible to get 'double bed, single bed and bunk beds' into a tent ...... I also booked for two weeks .... I've never booked a holiday for so long, in fact our first holiday together was last year .... And only four nights .... If it was dreadful I had the mantra; only 4 nights, only three to go, only 2 to go ......

I'm sure the kids will love a tenting holiday.... I phoned up today .... I'm going to have to share one plug socket with things dad and things ..... There are Nintendo DS's to charge, phones, cameras, laptops, iPods .... This may be a seriously back to nature adventure .... We have to be careful as to what we plug in so we don't knock out the entire Cornish electric supply out of touch. I checked the carpark distance from said tent (I blamed things' dad's medical condition but really I panicked about how far I'd have to walk with my five suitcases.... ). I am thinking I may have to leave some shoes at home (I took a bagful when we were staying in a caravan), I'm actually terrified of packing ... Usually I'm ecstatic and giddy and start packing ... Ummm.... 4 month to go? Packing should've started 3 week ago .....

There won't be toilets in a tent .... Things's dad told me AFTER I'd booked ....I hadn't thought about these things (I never do) but seriously?! Two things getting up in the night to pee... I am so not trekking across a field....

Incidentally, Thing 3's latest hobby is putting stuff in the toilet .... Yesterday it was a trainer and the bath plug, today it was a toothbrush and a bottle of shampoo .... I'm not fishing these things out of a communal loo !

No comments:

Post a Comment