Monday 4 February 2013

parting the sea of toys and injection day

Thing 3 had a really good nights sleep, so good in fact that I was able to leave her in bed whilst I took Thing 1 to school (hang on, don't phone social services just yet, Things dad was in the house, I didn't leave her in the not entirely capable hands of her 3 year old sister!). She was still asleep when I got back from the school run, albeit the opposite way round to how she was when I left.

Speaking of when I left, Thing 2 had been sat nicely watching cbeebies, upon my return, she had created quite possibly the most impressive 'sea' of toys I've ever seen. My living room was quite literally covered from one wall to the other, the only space I could find to place my feet without standing on musical instruments, kiddie knex or happy land people was inside one of the empty toy boxes. Thing 2 did look rather pleased with herself....

Before long it was time to take Thing 2 to her nursery session (I must point out that Thing 3 had got up by this time and had been causing much chaos). Got to school and saw Thing 1 playing out. He insisted on passing a 'present' through the school fence - a piece of rubbish he'd found but insisted he'd found it especially for me.... Thanks.

Then it was time to take Thing 3 for her injections. I hate having to do that - they're so blissfully unaware until the needle jabs them and then the tears come and they look at me in a way that makes me feel evil... Not so.
Thing 3 did a dance for the nurse, then sat on Thing dad's knee as I'd insisted he held her because then I could blame him when she started sobbing. Nope. First needle went in, she watched intently. Second needle, surely the tears were on their way? Nope. Third needle. Done and dusted. She looked up, grinned broadly at the nurse, gave a little laugh, climbed down from thing dad's knee and resumed her little dance.

I shouldn't really be so surprised ... Two years back Thing 1 and Thing 2 had injections on the same day. Thing 1 his pre-school booster and thing 2, her 12 month jabs. Took them both in, Thing 1 went first, two needles. He whimpered a little and there were a couple of tears. Then Thing 2 had hers. Three needles.Tears and sobbing ensued. At the same moment, thing 1 threw himself on the floor inconsolable. Sobbing his little heart out. The reason? He had only had two. It wasn't fair! Thing 2 got to have three Injections and she is littler than him.

I have concluded that the things may be a little odd....

No comments:

Post a Comment