Monday 25 February 2013

The distant memory that is half term; oh well, only four and a half weeks until the next school holiday

'Mum! Mum! We had to tell the class what we did over the holidays.... When it was my turn, I told them I went to the tip'

Thing 1, age 5

I know that a day in, half term should be but a distant memory however, I do still have glimmers of recollection .... I think there was a trip to nanna and grandad's, a trip to the park for a picnic, a sleepover at a friends, a day of baking in copious amounts, a day of arts and crafts on a grand scale, visiting friend and small children, nights up eating treats and watching films ...... Thing 1 comes out of school to inform me that today the entire class was asked to share what they did over the holidays.... His response 'I went to the tip' ... He did, that much is true. I can't deny him that ....

There's only another four and half week until the next school holiday ... Alas I'm off to plan lots of trips to the tip....

No comments:

Post a Comment