Saturday 30 March 2013

Thing 3; attention addict

Thing 3 is fast becoming a comedian. She likes the attention she gets for doing daft stuff; like yesterday, she insisted on putting on Thing 1's iron man costume and became 'iron-baby'. Today she has been walking around with a kazoo shaped like a pair of lips in her mouth and a pirate hand puppet on her hand.

I think she loves attracting attention. If she's told no, she does it twice as much;

'Please don't touch the tv, Thing 3'
She'll smack the tv instead.

'Don't pull your sister's hair, Thing 3'
She'll bite her sister instead.

'Don't get all the toys out, Thing 3'
She'll upturn the box.

'Try keep your food on your plate, Thing 3'
She'll tip the food over her head.

I am slowly getting more and more nervous about this Thing. I am now convinced that she is going to make the sometime stubborn Thing 2 look extraordinarily angelic in comparison.

As if to prove my point, as I am typing, Thing 3 has, completely unprovoked, smacked the TV, thrown the small rocking horse on its side, pulled three books off the bookcase and snatched a transformer from the unsuspecting paws of Thing 1..... Then legged it up the stairs. I'm now off to retrieve the Transformer....... Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment