Sunday 3 March 2013

Bin sausages and Thing chaos

Thwack!

I was awoken this morning by Thing 1, smacking me in the face. Then he said; 'now you're awake mum, it's breakfast time'. His bellowing voice woke Things 2 & 3 who were nestled either side of me and so left me really with no choice but to get up.

Once given free reign of the entire ground floor of Thing Central, those three Things went bonkers. Toys were strewn, books were used to build forts. Things laughed and fought, argued and made up again. It was absolute chaos and so I made myself scarce, headed into the kitchen and started tidying up.

That is when I heard it. A click, a rustle and little footsteps scurrying away. Apparently Thing 3 is now big enough to reach the bin and smart enough to open it.
And that is what she'd done. she'd opened the bin, snatched a discarded sausage from last nights tea and legged it across the room.... I threw down the pots I was cleaning, ran after her, wrestled her to the floor by practically jumping on her and wrestled said bin sausage from her paws, fished a mouthful of bin sausage out of her mouth and endured much rage from said Thing at being caught.

It wouldn't be so bad that Thing 3 likes scavenging. I could probably deal with one Thing having strange eating habits. But I am still coming to terms with the fact that Thing 2 likes drinking water from fish tanks. Never can she be left alone in a room with an accessible fish tank.

I should thank my lucky stars that its only fish water and bin sausage my Things like, as Things' friend, little one, once ate dog poo. Now that I couldn't deal with. That would be me in therapy right then and there! And never would I be able to kiss them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment