Friday 31 May 2013

Cornwall is coming! And Thing mum really should refrain from holiday mode until the final seconds before holiday begins...

I shall admit, I've been fighting off holiday mode for about a week.... Ok, ok... A fortnight..... Right, I can see those knowing looks from those nearest and dearest.... I shall admit it... I will be honest. Lets begin again....

I've been fighting off holiday mode for about a fortnight, somewhere toward the end of January.... The last three month and a half, I've actually been sporadically flitting in and out (rarely out) of holiday mode. I've bored myself in my quite admirable ability to bring all conversations round to the 'C' word (Cornwall!) and now we are in those last couple of days of the countdown.... I'm unbearable... Even to me...


Bags are now almost packed (they have been for almost a month) and I've found that I can fit an awful lot of stuff into my holdall. In fact, I can fit all three Things in my bag and still have space.... Clothing wise, I've filled it to the max and still have excess baggage.... Plus a bag of shoes, a bag of toiletries and a bag of jewellery...
Not to mention the ad hoc add-ons that will inevitably occur as I pack the car.

The Things head off early hours tomorrow, gaining an extra few nights and also a glimpse at the 'safari tent' before we get there! If its dire, we are headed north! 

The Things are decidedly unexcited in comparison to me... I'm sure that when I get them up at about 5am tomorrow morning to get them ready to catch grandparent taxi they'll appear less excited still ... Alas, I only wish I could swap places with them! Things these days.... Don't know their luck!    

P.s. Cornwall.... Watch out! The Things are coming!!!! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment