Sunday 19 May 2013

Bathtime at Thing Central

And I said 'Come on Things, its bath time now!'
 Stupidly, I thought this would be easy somehow. 
 But of course; 'I can't!' pipes up Thing 1, 
'I had a toy motorbike, now its gone!'
 Out into the garden to root through the gravel, 
 I'm wondering, How far did this motorbike travel?! 
He looks in the mud, down the side of the bin, 
Behind the shed, by the pond, and then, he comes in;
 He looks under the table, behind the chair, 
In the kitchen cupboard, it just isn't there.
 I'm about to think it'll never be found,
Then a whoop of joy, a happiness sound. 
'Don't worry, mum! The bike! I've got it!
 It was here, all along, in my trouser pocket!' 

 'Bathtime, Things!' I begin again,
Halfway up the stairs ....and then... 
'I've lost my toy, my cuddly rabbit! 
 Where can it be? I'm sure I just had it!' 
Back down the stairs, a searching Thing 2,
 And down we all follow, what else can we do?
 A search commences, we look high and low,
 Where would a pink bunny be likely to go?
 Search under the table, bum in the air, 
No sign of the toy, it is not under there.
 Then a yell from upstairs; I've found my teddy!
 I forgot I'd put it in bed already. 

 Back up we all traipse, bath bound at last, 
 Another hour has managed to pass.
 We get to the bathroom, soon bubble bath run, 
I turn and I count; Thing 2 and Thing 1. 
Seemingly, now I've lost Thing 3, 
Where has she gone? Where can she be?!
 I look in the bedroom, behind the door, 
I feel as though I can't take much more.
 Back down the stairs, and sat on a chair, 
 A little Thing 3 is brushing her hair,
 Whilst she speaks to the remote like it is a phone, 
I take one look, and audibly groan. 
Pick up the escaped Thing and take her back up, 
Back to the bathroom and plonk in the tub. 

 Now they're all playing, happy with their lot.
 And do i look forward to this again? I do not

No comments:

Post a Comment